Monday, June 8, 2009

A portion of our backyard I wanted to have set aside for a Children's Garden...sort of a Secret Garden without the wall. It has been a few years in the making and I still have some things I still want to do but on the two walkways going into the bench area I have put cement stepping stones that each of the grandkids have made with their names and handprints, etc. on them. On Memorial Day, June 1st, Greg's family was moving back to Utah from Phoenix and stopped at our home on the way to Lehi for a visit and BBQ. Brent's family came down from Salt Lake to join us and give the boys a chance to play. So while I had the boys here I had them chose a perennial they wanted to plant close to where their stepping stone is so they will have their own flowers blooming each year. What fun! Alex, in the first picture,planted a poppy plant. In the next picture Austin, Logan, Matthew, Tyler, and Alex on the bench are posing by their flowers. In the next picture (which should have been second) Austin is watering his newly planted flower. The last is of all the boys except Austin. Aren't they adorable?!!!!Yes! As soon as I can get McKenna and Courtney down here we will go buy their plants to plant by their stones and when Abi is out here in July from Wisconsin she gets to go get her plant to put into the garden. No matter where the kids are in the future they will know their flowers are growing in their garden at Grandma's home!









2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Yay! You did it with pictures all by yourself. Color me proud!
I love your garden. I showed Abi the pictures and told her she gets to plant a flower there with you. She was pretty excited.

The Kings said...

Thanks for the kudos, Cheryl! I am glad Abi is excited about planting her own flower in the garden! It will be fun to help her pick out her flower and "help" her plant it!