
A few weeks ago I found out I was going to be released as Relief Society President. What shocking news...I wasn't prepared for this! It has been a real struggle...why, etc..... On Sunday I did pretty good as I was released in Sacrament Meeting and when the new Presidency was set apart...in spite of some tears. (The new President is my former Secretary who had served with me for 1 1/2 years...and will be wonderful.) But still it was so hard and I was having such a battle. Some who have not served in a presidency like that might say..."I would be jumping for joy!!!" But I have loved this calling and stewardship so much and was not jumping for joy. I prayed several times for Heavenly Father to help me come to peace. It didn't come right away...but finally yesterday I had my epiphany and I feel great now! I feel gratitude for what I have experienced these past 3 years and 8 months...but now I am hopeful to have the freedom to catch up on and do things that have been on the back burner for these past years!
My first committment is to finish a project I am working on now (putting my household inventory on the computer) and then I am telling you this so it will not only be my promise to myself but others will know about it, too...I am going to send my book out to be published (hopefully...published!!).
One of the nice things that started my epiphany on Monday late afternoon was the arrival of the above beautiful bouquet of flowers that I received from Stephanie and Dan and the girls...letting me know they were thinking of me and understanding how I was feeling! What a very special gift! Thank you so much! The Angel Of Love in front was a gift from my Secretary...now President...thanking me for all I have done and what a wonderful friend I have been to her since they moved in 2 years ago next door. So all in all...I FEEL GOOD...AND LOVED!! And I love you all so much!!
2 comments:
I'm so glad you have been able to come to peace with it and I think it's great Steph and Dan sent you those flowers. That was so thoughtful of them.
I am so proud of you and how great you have been at this calling. I truly don't think there could be a better RS pres!
Love you mom! I knew the moment would come when you would feel peace about everything. When you love something as much as you loved your calling, it can be hard to let go. Glad you love your flowers! We love you so much!
Post a Comment