Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Long Run and an Early Birthday Gift



This morning I had a long training run planned and headed out a 5 a.m. for my 20-miler. It went really well...and I was making good time with the first 18 miles. Then I decided to have a piece of salt water taffy...it sounded good but shortly after I ate it my stomach didn't feel so good. I was able to finish...but I don't recommend taffy as a long run treat!


While Cheryl and family were here Cheryl saw a picture she wanted to get me and Dad for our October birthdays. I love the picture...called "Old Man Wept". I got it framed yesterday (my framing friend saw it and knew what frame...already made...that would go with it perfectly. And it did! Here is a picture of the picture! I love it! Thanks Cheryl, Doug, and family for a wonderful early gift!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I'm so glad you guys liked the picture. I felt funny giving you guys a gift so early... but the alternative was to bring it back here just to have to mail it later hoping it wouldn't get bent or something...