Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hard Work...And Then Party Time!! October 1-2, 2011

The St. George Marathon was held on a very hot October 1, 2011! Here I come and the Finish Line looks sooooo good!! It is always so wonderful to have my family waiting along the chute for me...and this year for Brent, too! This run completes my 14th St. George Marathon and my 20th marathon overall! Yeah!!Here comes Brent...finishing his 1st marathon! The balloons up ahead are at the Finish! I am so proud of Brent. He completed his race on a very sore (and previously very severely injured) foot. He is my hero! He ought to be so proud of all he has done this year!

Sorry this is blurry. Dad took this family picture at Iggy's and I think he was just so excited that he shook the camera!? Or else he was just so relieved to have Brent and me safely done with the race and alive! The food at Iggy's was wonderful...a very fun place to celebrate!


The next few pictures are condid shots of the family...my favorite fan club...and people I really love a lot!! (By the way...we sure missed Greg's family and Cheryl's family!)



Brent opening his "My First Marathon" goodie bag that Karen made up for him! Good things inside! We, also, wanted to get him something for his wonderful achievement but couldn't decide what to do until later that evening Dad suggested we get him some badly needed new running shoes...so we are heading to Salt Lake Running Co. on Friday for the analysis and purchase.




The following shows the items Brent, Karen, and family gave me for running my 20th Marathon! Every item I can definately use in my running...and the rolling stick will replace my foam roll when I am traveling! Thank you so much for such a wonderful gift!!






At home...my St. George Marathon Finsher's shirt and Finisher's Medal!


Dan, Stephanie, and the girls gave me a very awesome gift, also! Courtney knows I love American Girl Doll stuff and saw a running outfit with shoes, socks, top, shorts, warm-up pants and jacket, and Bib# for my doll. Courtney pursuaded Stephanie that that would be a great 20th marathon gift for me...and so now my Elizabeth doll is a runner, too! And isn't she adorable!!?! Thanks Court...and family!!



And so there you have it! It was so nice to get the hard work done...enjoy the Finish...and then get down to having some fun! Next run: Ragnar Relay in Las Vegas for Brent and myself on October 21-22nd! And then we are going to "rest from races" for the remainder of 2011! Thanks to all of you for your support and love!


















2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Way to go mom! We are so proud of you as always. That doll outfit is so cute.
That was so thoughtful of Brent and Karen and Steph and Dan to give you gifts.

Danandsteph.blogspot.com said...

Your pictures are so fun!!! I will show Courtney later today so she can see your doll in her outfit!! Great job mom, we are sooooo proud of you!