Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas In the Air 2011

Isn't it fun to decorate for Christmas!?! It is a lot of work but I love it and love how the house begins to look and "feel". Above is my 2011 addition to my Christmas Village...a barn to go with the farmhouse I got last year. The village has grown so much over the years that it has expanded to the bedroom window seats in the bedrooms upstairs and the the large window ledge downstairs in the 2nd family room/exercise room.

The family room village this year with train and tree all lit up for your viewing pleasure! :)



With the festive spirit abounding I decided Elizabeth, my American Girl Doll, needed to join in so I ordered her a Winter outfit from American Girl. She is all decked out and ready for snow...which we got about 2" of this morning. (Stephanie...tell Courtney I have the charm for her. I will give it to her on sunday at our party.)


Cheryl...remember the two vinyls you gave me when I was out there? Well, I decided to buy 2 frames. Then I put black scrapbook paper behind the glass and put the vinyl figures on the front of the glass. Voila...the end result for decorating purposes!







2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh wow! I never even thought about doing something like that with vinyls. Cute mom!
I love your village. Cute addition.
And we love Elizabeths dress. Abi was excited about that when she just looked at the picture.
Love this time of year!

The Royals said...

Love the frames with the sayings; very cute!