
This weekend (Saturday, March 17) we decided to go down to St. George with Greg, Angie, and the boys to see "Thunder Over Utah" air show. The featured guest was the Navy Blue Angels presision flying team. This was their first time to perform in Utah! We hadn't seen them in many years and thought a little Navy would be fun! And it was. We had so much fun with Gerger Meister Meister Berger and the family!! Above...a little photo shoot of Logan and Austin in front of Blue Angel #7. Logan was thrilled to see Navy stuff!

Me and my cuties! I had a really good day and felt so full of energy. I was grateful.

The Blue Angels #1-6...the flying team ready and waiting to perform. I was so excited to watch them.

Before the show we walked around to look at a few different planes on display. Here's Austin and Logan standing in front of a Russian Mig.

The first performance was done by an Air Force jet. I can't remember what kind of fighter it was but it is a new one. The pilot did a fantastic show!

This is a Marine Osprey. It is a helicopter and plane in one. Right now it is hovering with the propellars upright like a 'copter. When it is ready to fly faster the wings go down to the sides. Pretty cool!

This was a small plane and the pilot did stunts that were amazing! He has won First Place two years in a row in the U.S. for his show and abilities!

Logan in Navy dress modeling the sweatshirt we gave him for his birthday purchased from the Navy Exchange at Great Lakes Naval Training Center in Chicago (Waukegan). He looks pretty chipper!

The Blue Angels (#'s 1-4) heading for the ceiling! Awesome!

The Navy's Blue Angels! What a fun show and a great time except that the weather turned for the worse midway in to their show. As you can see it is very cloudy and a dirt storm got stirred up with the heavy winds. I am glad they were able to perform safely. I am really glad we went!
1 comment:
Looks like fun!
Post a Comment