Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Matthew and me hike the Peruvian Trail - July 16, 2013

 Today Matthew and I had our "date" and hiked up the Peruvian Trail at Snowbird. It was steep and a bit of a butt-kicker but it was so much fun doing the hike with him! We did this hike two years ago and I am glad he chose this hike again!
                            Who's that good-lookin' guy on that trail going up...up...up?
 The wildflowers were found in abundance so enjoy their beauty and the beauty of the Peruvian trail.



 Yes, we had snow towards the top! Pretty good patch there...as you can see Matthew posing by. It was fun to put some on my face, neck, arms, and legs! Cool was good!
            Matthew wrote in a patch of sand near the top..."Matthew was here" with the date...for all who would come after us!
   Yeah! At the top...altitude 11,000 ft! Whew! I felt like kissing the ground when we summited!
This tram was just coming up to drop off its passengers. When it made its descent we were on it! Fun!

2 comments:

The Royals said...

Fun hike! I am glad that you an Matthew could do this one again.

Cheryl said...

So funny to have gone there today.
I kept telling the girls as we were going up that you guys did the hike. They were glad they were just riding the tram. :)