This week Dad (Jim) and I are enjoying some Shakespeare at the Utah Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City with Grandma.
Monday evening I went to the outdoor play "The Merry Wives of Windsor". It was so funny and one actor really stole the show plus a guy who played the part of Falstaff. During intermission a young girl from our ward saw me (I didn't see her) and came over to visit. She is an awesome young lady...reminds me a lot of McKenna...such a darling personality and a strong testimony of the gospel. It was so fun to see her...she is here on a Governor's Award activity and is seriously thinking of going to SUU. After she left to go back to her seat there was a raucous up above me in the balcony and everyone was looking back to see this guy and girl hugging and kissing. Then a guy with them yelled down that the guy had just asked the girl to marry him and she said Yes! Then they got applause from the audience!
Yesterday Dad and I went to the indoor theatre to see "Scapin" (pronounced Scapan)...and we about rolled off our seats the whole time with laughter. It was a play written by a man who lived around the time of Shakespeare.
This afternoon we will go see a play in the indoor..."To Kill A Mockingbird".Tonight I will go to the outdoor theatre to see Shakespeare's "Mary Stuart"(Mary, Queen of Scotts). Thursday we head home.
I still have not been able to get my blog to work on my desktop so Cheryl suggested I try my laptop and it works...I just don't have pictures to put with my post. Sorry!
No comments:
Post a Comment